I am a former Dunkin Donuts iced coffee addict. Second only to Starbucks Vanilla Iced Latte. I say former not because I have recovered from my addiction but, I have discovered how simple iced coffees are to make at home, especially with my Keurig brewer.
A typical Iced Vanilla Latte recipe might look something like this:
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1.5 ounces espresso
- 10 ounces milk
Not the most difficult recipe in the world but, with a Keurig true espresso is not possible. Luckily, they do offer extra bold Kcup coffees that work just as well, if not better! I am particularly fond of Dark Magic but, any of the extra bold coffee pods will do.
Lets get to the recipe…
You will need:
- 1 extra bold Kcup
- 1/2 cup- 1 cup of milk (I recommend whole)
- sugar or sweetener if desired
- 2 T vanilla syrup
- Start by brewing your extra bold Kcup coffee on the lowest water setting of your Keurig directly into a tall plastic cup filled half way with ice (save room for the milk).
- If you would like to add sugar or sweetener, do so at this point.
- Add the desired amount of milk (I tend to go on the heavy side with the milk, this is a latte after all).
- Add the vanilla syrup
*Hint* If you prefer your Iced Latte to have a stronger coffee flavor, use coffee iced cubes opposed to regular ice cubes!
Sip and enjoy!