If you have been around awhile you have come to know (and hopefully love) our Monday K-cup recipes. I love fun, easy to make coffee drinks and desserts. They are a simple indulgence that can usually be made with ingredients already in your kitchen. There will be no running to the local coffee shop around here, no sir, we have Keurig’s in our kitchen that make these recipes easy peasy.
Up this week..crock pot apple-pear sauce made with Keurig Kcup Apple Cider.
Homemade apple-pear sauce is on my to do list every fall. I churn out jar after jar of it with fresh picked fruit from my parents apple and pear trees. This task may sound daunting to some but, quite honestly it is very easily done with my crock pot and most recently the addition of Keurig Kcup apple cider.
I am thrilled with the use of Keurig Kcup Apple Cider in my recipes for many reasons. First, they produce a very flavor filled cider that takes my recipes up a notch. Second, they are insanely convenient. Third, I very rarely have apple cider or juice in hand, with a few Apple Cider Kcups in my cupboard, I don't have run out and buy anything special to prepare my favorite fall treats.
Let's get to the recipe...
You will need:
10-12 medium apples
2-3 medium pears
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1-2 T cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 t cloves
- Start by brewing you Keurig Kcup Apple Cider on the highest water setting of your Keurig brewer.
- Peel, core and chop the apples and pears.
- Place the apples and pears in your crock pot.
- Pour the Keurig Kcup Apple Cider directly over the apples and pears.
- Sprinkle the sugars and spices over the apples and pears.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mash with a potato masher to your desired consistency.
I generally serve a portion right away while it is still piping hot. Then refrigerate the rest for up to three weeks. This recipe will make approximately 7-8 cups of delicious apple- pear sauce.
It tastes like dessert but is acceptable to have any time of the day!