There is no denying that chocolate tastes amazing with coffee, make it dark chocolate and I am all in. But, how do you combine the two? By making coffee custard off course! Coffee custard is one of those desserts that will get all kinds of oohs and ahhs at dinner parties. Little will everyone know that you made it quickly and easily with your Keurig brewer!
Let's get to the recipe...
You will need:
1 C milk
4 T sugar
1 T vanilla extract
dash of salt
2 eggs (beaten)
Hershey Special Dark Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the coffee, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla on the stove top and heat until scalding.
- Beat the eggs in a separate, medium sized bowl.
- Slowly pour the coffee mixture over the eggs, stirring as your pour.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour into ramekins, custard mold or even a muffin tin.
- Set in a cake pan filled 1/3 of the way with hot water.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the custard is set (to test insert a butter knife, when it pulls out clean, the custard is ready).
- Remove from oven, let cool and then chill in the refridgerator.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with Hersheys Special Dark Syrup.
Viola, you are ready to dazzle your guests with a professional looking dessert that tastes amazing to boot. The combination of dark chocolate and coffee tickles the tastes buds and will leave them asking for more!
P.S. Caramel drizzle is a great option as well!