March is upon us! I am always thrilled to reach this month; it is my light at the end of the tunnel for surviving the harsh Ohio winters. The annual St. Patrick's Day parade in our neck of the woods is a sure sign that spring is right around the corner! With that comes green everything - from clothes to hair, to food. Although Irish coffee is not green it is a beautiful traditional beverage to celebrate this fun holiday, and the best part is, it is so easy to make especially with your Keurig® brewer!
You will need:
- 1 dark roast Keurig® K-Cup® coffee
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 shot of whiskey
- 1 shot of heavy whipping cream
- Start by adding one tablespoon of brown sugar to a stout glass.
- Next, brew your dark roast K-Cup® coffee (I chose Sumatran Reserve on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® brewer directly into a plastic measuring cup or some sort of pouring vessel.
- Pour the now brewed K-Cup® coffee into the glass containing the brown sugar.
- Add one shot of whiskey.
- In a separate metal bowl vigorously stir the heavy cream with a wire whisk until it thickens. A traditional Irish coffee does not call for whipped cream simple a thickened cream. However, I prefer mine whipped. Please feel free to choose your desired consistency.
- Pour the thickened or whipped cream over the back of a spoon over the coffee. The cream should sit on top of the coffee creating a separate layer.
Dye your hair green, sip and enjoy!