I fell so in love with my Acai Berry frozen popsicles that I am back at it!
Someday I will be a grown up and buy actual popsicle molds so that I can make these a bit more attractive but for now, I simply use a plastic dixie cup, 2 popsicle sticks and one Southern Sweet Tea Keurig K-cup.
- Start by brewing your Southern Sweet Tea K-cup on the lowest water setting of your Keurig directly into a plastic measuring cup or any sort of pouring vessel.
- Place the brewed tea in the fridge to chill for one hour (If you try to skip this step and pour it into the cups right away, they will melt...perhaps the popsicle mold would eliminate that issue!)
- Pour the now chilled sweet tea into two dixie size plastic cups.
- Place a popsicle stick in each one.
- Freeze overnight.
- When you are ready to enjoy a southern sweet tea popsicle, pull them gently out of the cups, head to a shady spot and relax with your refreshing treat!
Had I known sooner that making frozen popsicles with Keurig K-cups was so easy, I would have made hundreds of variations by now! Not only are these treats simple, delicious, frugal and low in calories (about 35 each)... they also give you one more way to enjoy your Keurig brewer (as if we needed one!).