Anyone who knows me is well aware of my oatmeal issue, as in, I eat it almost every day. As a matter of fact I am quite certain I had oatmeal for breakfast for two years straight at one point! I am perfectly happy with plain old oats, nothin fancy but, every now and then I like to doctor it up a bit. One way I enjoy my favorite breakfast is baked. Yes, it does decrease the healthy factor quite a bit but, everything in moderation my friends.
Up this week, we have a tummy filling, sweet tooth satisfying baked oatmeal recipe that is sure to please the entire family!
Let's get to the recipe...
You will need:
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup (one stick) of melted butter
2/3 cup of dried cranberries
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Next, in a large bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. I usually put them all in my stand mixer to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the melted butter, making sure it's not too hot. You don't want to scramble your eggs!
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the oats and mix until well combined.
- Add the cranberries and stir until mixed in.
-Spray the bottom and sides of a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray. Then pour the oatmeal into the pan.
-Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
This recipe will leave you with more than enough baked oatmeal to fill your entire family (unless of course you are the Duggars!). Try mixing in some different fruits next time. Apple pieces, peaches, and blueberries would be amazing!
I would highly recommend pairing Baked Cranberry Oatmeal with Madarin Orange K-cup tea by Celestial Seasoning. This is a heavy breakfast so want to keep our beverage choice light and there is nothing that compliments cranberry flavor better than orange!