My sweet tooth has been crying out for caramel lately, basically it is screaming give me LOTS of caramel and give it to me now. How could I argue that? To the cupboard I went and two K-cups caught my eye- Folgers Caramel Drizzle and Cafe Escapes Cafe Caramel.
I knew that one of them alone was not enough to satisfy me so I had a crazy thought- what if I combine them over ice and add...more caramel of course!
Let's get to the recipe...
- Fill a large plastic cup with ice.
- Drizzle your desired amount of caramel sauce over the ice.
- Next, brew your Folgers Caramel Drizzle K-cup coffee on the lowest water setting of your brewer directly over the ice.
- Next brew your Cafe Escapes Cafe Caramel K-cup on the lowest water setting of your Keurig brewer into the same cup. If you are using a Keurig 2.0 choose the "hot cocoa/other" option.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle even more caramel sauce over the whipped cream.
I think this is one of my favorite iced beverages so far, the caramel flavor sounds excessive when you read this recipe but, when combined with so much ice you have to have a lot of flavor to start otherwise it will taste watered down.
You may also like: