Some like their coffee tall, dark, and rich (just like their men as the joke goes). Tall and rich I agree with but, I am all about the blondes, blonde latte that is. Starbucks® has introduced a new take on their entire line of espresso-based drinks, blonde roast. I have been drinking Starbucks® Veranda K-Cup® coffee pods, and although not an espresso, I have been pleased to discover, it is a blonde roast!
Blonde roast means that it is a medium and mellow blend as Starbucks® describes it. Veranda fills both requirements and is even labelled as such on the box. Espresso, however, is a method of brewing that a Keurig® is not capable of doing. A higher pressure espresso brewer is required to extract all of the delicious oils and nuances of a coffee bean in the concentrated format of espresso. But, if you prepare K-Cup® pods using the lowest water setting of your coffee machine it will be darn close to an authentic espresso. Using the "strong" setting on Keurig® 2.0 helps too!
My Keurig® brewer has been cranking out my copycat version of Starbucks® Blonde Roast Caffe Latte since the day I walked by their banner reading "Blondes have more fun!"
- 1 Starbucks® Veranda Roast Keurig® K-Cup® coffee pod
- Milk of your choice (I recommend whole)
- Brew your Starbucks® Veranda Roast K-Cup® coffee pod on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® brewer. If you are using a Keurig® 2.0 or Select you should also choose the “strong” option.
- Heat and froth your milk ever so slightly. If you do not have a milk frother, heat about half a cup in the microwave and then blend it to add a slight froth.
- Pour the steamed milk onto the now brewed Starbucks® Veranda roast coffee.
- vanilla syrup
- white chocolate shavings
- caramel sauce
- pumpkin puree
- I like to add a dash of vanilla almond milk for a super subtle flavor addition.
Aside from the ease and convenience of making Caffee Blonde Latte with my Keurig® brewer, I am a huge fan of the price. The homemade version clocks in at around $.75. Prepared at Starbucks®, you are looking at $3.-$4.00. The calories are low, and you don't have to leave your home! Veranda Blonde roast can also be used to make flat white, vanilla latte, iced caffe americano, iced cafe latte, iced vanilla latte, and double-shot on ice.