It is that time of year again, time for sniffling and sneezing, coughing and body aches...cold season is upon us. I am already feeling the effects of the drastic weather changes in my area, luckily I have not had a full blown cold yet but, I am sure it is coming. As I am not one to readily take any sort of medicine, I am prepared to turn to my favorite remedy...hot tea. Don't get me , I know that hot tea is not going to "cure" a cold but, it will certainly pacify the symptoms and when it comes to a minor bout that is all I am looking for.
There benefits herbal teas bring with them are endless but, when it comes specifically to battling a cold there are a few major advantages:
- Sipping hot tea can help alleviate nasal congestion as the high temperature tends to loosen discharge.
- Hot tea will sooth all of the areas the common cold affects including your nose and throat.
- Drinking tea throughout the day will help keep you hydrated which is supremely important when you are ill, especially with a fever.
- Some teas are able to numb a sore throat.
- Herbal teas may help strengthen your weakened immune system.
- Teas are packed with antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation.
- Teas are rich in certain vitamins and minerals that can aid your body in repairing itself.
- Those that contain caffeine can help give you that extra boost to power through obligations that force you to leave the comfort of your bed.
Homemade teas are my forte, I adore fresh mint with lemon or rosemary and honey but, when I am not feeling well, that is far too much work. In these desperate times of need I turn to my one and only Keurig brewer. There are a few that I repeatedly find myself using and have found them to be quite effective in easing my symptoms:
There are plenty more Keurig Kcup teas to choose from and I am certain they will all sooth your woes but, these four have had particularly great qualities when it comes to aiding in my recovery. I hope that they help you too!
You may also like:
- How to make hot peppermint bourbon tea.
- The best Keurig K-cup for fall.
- 8 ways to use apple cider K-cups.