There are times when we all need a major boost, and most of us turn to coffee. But, sometimes just plain ol' coffee won't do, we need a little something more. That is where the red eye comes in. A red eye is a combination of regular brewed coffee and espresso. Not only does this coffee drink provide an absolute ton of caffeine (maybe too much for some so please be careful!) but, it is a perfect choice for those who love a robust tasting cup of coffee.
- 1 your favorite K-Cup® pod (I used Folgers Black Silk)
- 1 espresso roast K-Cup® pod (I used Cafe Bustelo)
- Brew your favorite pod on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® coffee maker into a large mug.
- Next brew your espresso roast pod on the smallest water setting of your brewer directly into to same mug.
- Add cream if you would like.
You now have an ultra strong coffee brewed and ready to enjoy in under two minutes! This creation goes by several names: witches brew, devils brew and a myriad of others. You can call it whatever you like, I call it strong, quick, cheap, and delicious!
*Fine print- consume large amounts of caffeine at your own risk and do not do so if you have any health issues.*