Lets face it, there are times when we all need a major boost and most of us turn to coffee. But, sometimes just plain ol' coffee wont do, we need a little something more. That is where the red eye comes in. A red eye is a combination of regular brewed coffee and espresso. Not only does this coffee drink provide an absolute ton of caffeine (maybe too much for some so please be careful!) but, it is a perfect choice for those who love a really strong tasting cup of coffee.
With out further ado, lets get to the recipe...
You will need:
1 Keurig Kcup (I used Folgers Black Silk but, any Kcup will work fine)
1 Nespresso pod (I used Hiline Coffee Chelsea but, any espresso will do)
- Start by brewing your Kcup on either the smallest or medium water setting of your Keurig into a large mug.
- Next brew your Nespresso pod on the smallest water setting of your brewer directly into to same mug.
- Add cream if you so desire.
You now have an ultra strong coffee brewed and ready to enjoy in under two minutes. If you like to live on the wild side add two shots of espresso and you now have a black eye coffee!
Yes, this recipe does require both a Keurig brewer and a Nespresso. Having both of these units has been one of the best things I have done for my coffee enjoyment. The one thing Keurig lacks is the ability to make a true espresso. I enjoy my regular coffee in the morning from my Keurig and a delicious espresso in the afternoon from my Nespresso Pixie (I have been recommending the Inissia brewer lately, it is just a great value).
*Fine print- consume large amounts of caffeine at your own risk and do not do so if you have any health issues.*
- Click here to learn how much caffeine is in an average Hiline Coffee espresso pod.
- Click here to learn about the caffeine content of Keurig Kcup coffee.
- Want to make iced coffee with your Keurig brewer? Click here to learn how.