Did you know that there is such a thing as American coffee?
Ya, me either.
I just kinda thought our coffee was the standard and there were a few rogue variations out there around the world. Just how sometimes we think we don't have accents in our neck of the woods until we head to another state and people are saying "Oh I love your Ohio accent!". Ohio accent, what?
But, I digress.
Turns out those Europeans sort of make fun of us a bit and our watered down version of coffee. But, a few seem to like it and have come up with their own way of serving American coffee called a Cafe Americano. Although it mimics our thinner cup of joe, it is always made with an espresso base resulting in a different flavor than most of us are used to.
Cafe Americano ironically enough has actually become quite popular right here in America...ponder that one. But, who can blame us, it is chock full of flavor without being too bold. Even better, it is super easy to make!
You will need:
6-8 ounces of hot water
- Start by brewing your Nespresso coffee capsule on the lowest water setting of your brewer.
- Next, top your now brewed espresso with your desired amount of hot water. I usually fill it to the rim, the espresso has enough flavor to stand up to a large amount of water and maintain its flavor.
That is it, you now have your very own Cafe Americano made in the blink of an eye with your Nespresso brewer. These directions of course will work just fine with any method of preparing espresso, I just happen to favor my new little black Inissia brewer at the moment!
You may also like:
- Espresso review, Times Square Nespresso compatible coffee pods.
- Click here to learn how to make a Red Eye coffee.
- How much caffeine is in a Nespresso pod?