I am always amazed that anyone would make their pumpkin puree any other way than in a crock pot or God forbid buy canned. Making pumpkin puree in a crock pot is so easy that it is simply silly to go any other route.
- Start by washing your small to medium (depending in the size of your crock pot) pumpkin with warm water.
- Place your pumpkin in the crock pot and cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until it feel soft.
- Remove the pumpkin, cut it open and remove the seeds.
- Remove the meat of the pumpkin and place in a blender.
- Puree until your desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into glass jars or storage containers.
Yes, it really is that easy! This is one of my very favorite things to do every fall. I absolutely adore fresh pumpkin for an array of uses. I make something new almost every week in September and October but, I have two favorites that I always go back to, if you are a long time follower of the blog you may remember these oldies but goodies:
Pumpkin Butter (this stuff is to die for!)
The Utimate Pumpkin Spice Latte (probably the only PSL that actually uses real pumpkin!)
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?