How to Replace a Keurig 2.0 Water Filter
There are only two ingredients in a great cup of joe- water and coffee so you better make darn sure they are both high quality and ready to produce a stellar brew! You have the coffee half of the equation consistently covered with Keurig K-cup pods but, have you thought about your water?
Not only will using a filter in your Keurig reduce chlorine and eliminate foul tastes and odors but, it aids in increasing the longevity of your brewer. Simply put its a win win.
Using previously filtered water works too but, we recommend using filter kits in the reservoir of your unit. They are specifically targeting the water that will land directly in your mug and they are expertly deigned by Keurig to work with their brewing technology. You will need to purchase a starter kit first. It will come with 4 parts including a upper filter holder, a lower filter holder and two cartridges (enough for 4 months or 120 water tanks). The date dial is not a separate part but, an important feature to help you remember when to change your filter.
This kit is compatible with Keurig 2.0 K300/350, 400/450/490, 500/550/590. Make special note, it is not compatible with Keurig 2.0 200/250.
To get started you should first program your brewer by enabling the water filter reminder on your touch screen. To do so:
- Tap the "i" icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll to screen 2 of the settings by tapping the arrow pointing to the right.
- Tap the box next to "water filter reminder".
- Tap save.
Next, to install the water filter kit:
- Soak the cartridge in a cup of fresh water for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the now soaked cartridge for 1 minute.
- Rinse the mesh in the lower filter holder.
- Insert the cartridge into the upper filter holder.
- Snap on the lower filter holder.
- Set the install date to the correct month.
- Place the now assembled filter into the water reservoir.
- Push down firmly until it locks into place.
Your touch screen will display a message reading "Water filter replaced?". Touch yes in order to set your machines reminder properly.
Replacement cartridges are sold separately. We always recommend having at least one set of replacement cartridges on hand the assure that your filters are changed in a timely manner. For additional information regarding the Keurig 2.0 water filter you can download a use and care guide here:>> 2.0-Water-Filter-Instructions.
We hope this helps make the installation and use of your Keurig 2.0 water filter a breeze! Please feel free to leave a comment with any additional questions not covered in this article.