Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner? It seems like just yesterday we were working on these Frankenstein up-cycle Kcups. Now here we are moving on to turkeys! Whats next, snowmen? Probably, and before we know it! For now lets just enjoy this kid friendly Thanksgiving craft that not only leaves us with and adorable little decoration but, provides a great way to up cycle Kcup coffee pods.
- brown acrylic paint OR brown spray paint (either works fine)
- red acrylic paint (turkey waddle)
- orange acrylic paint (turkey nose)
- googly eyes (sticky back is what I used but you could also use a glue stick to glue them on)
- feathers (found in the craft section at major craft stores)
- glue stick
- sponge brush
- small paint brush
Before you start, empty your spent K-cups by pulling out the filter and washing them. Then allow them to dry. This K-cup recycling tool makes taking them apart super easy.
#3. Use the smaller paint brush to give each turkey a nose using the orange acrylic paint and let dry.
#4. Finally, use the smaller paint brush again to give each turkey a waddle on the side of it's nose using the red paint.
There you have it, a quick and easy Thanksgiving project that the kids will love. This makes a great class project (just paint the brown base layer ahead of time)!
You may also like:
- Celebrate the Star Wars movie premiere by indulging in this easy to make Blue Milk Latte!
- Learn how to make a delicious Apple Cider float using Keurig Kcups here.
- Looking for more ways to your Kcups? Check out the Frankenstein heads!