I am a smoothie junkie. They are a quick and easy way to make a healthy meal for yourself. However, there seems to be a misconception that smoothies need to taste terrible and made from odd ingredients. None of this is true in fact they can be quite an indulgent treat!
After the recent creation of my Acai Berry smoothie, I was on mission to invent more concoctions using my Keurig brewer. This little baby was a no brainer after spotting a few Green Tea with Pomegranate K-cups sitting in my cupboard. There are a few simple ingredients in this recipe however, the beauty of smoothies is that you can really toss pretty much anything in there paired with some yogurt, a liquid of some sort, add a banana and viola you have a smoothie, it really is that easy.
You will need:
1 frozen banana
1 handful blueberries
1 vanilla greek yogurt
dash of honey
- Start by brewing your Green Tea K-cup on the lowest water setting of your Keurig.
- Place your now brewed tea in the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Add the now chilled tea and all other ingredients to a blender.
- Use the smoothie setting to blend to your desired consistency.
- Top with a few extra blueberries just to make it look pretty.
Sip and enjoy a delicious meal or snack absolutely packed with powerful antioxidants, protein, potassium, flavonoids...and the list goes on!