Photo credit: iStock.com
Iced Cafe Mocha is one of the most popular coffee house beverages that has recently made its way into cans or bottles sold in many stores for our convenience. It amazes me that consumers are willing to spend an absolute fortune on 12 small ounces that cost pennies to make at home. Not to mention these products are usually purchased at gas stations or drug stores, not exactly where I envision buying high quality coffee.If you are purchasing canned or jarred iced mochas on a regular basis- STOP! I can save you big bucks by teaching you how to make the exact same product at home using a few simple ingredients.
You will need:
- 1 empty 1-gallon milk jug
- 1 quart of chocolate milk
- 2 quarts of half and half
- Hershey’s Syrup
- 4-5 extra bold, dark roast Keurig® K-Cup pods
- Pour the half and half and chocolate milk into the empty 1 gallon milk jug.
- Brew all of your extra bold K-Cup® coffee pods on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® brewer.
- Add the now brewed coffee to the milk jug containing the half and half and chocolate milk. At this point your ingredients should come to slightly below the shoulder of the milk jug.
- Fill the rest of the way with Hershey’s Syrup.
- Shake very well.
Serve in a tall glass filled with ice. Add flavored syrups to create variations such as salted caramel, vanilla or bacon- the sky is the limit! Warning: this is a decadent treat that should be enjoyed on special occasions unless you feel like buying bigger pants : )