Our Keurig Kcup recipe this week is fruity and refreshing, no too mention uber easy to make…Blackberry Mint Iced Tea.
There are two things growing in my yard just begging to be used- fresh mint and ripe blackberries. There are always jam, mojitos, smoothies, you know the usuals. But, I wanted something unique. Where does any girl go when she needs a recipe? Why, Pinterest of course!
This recipe is adapted from a Bobby Flay bourbon recipe, with a few tweaks minus the bourbon we have a refreshing iced tea packed with antioxidants and delicious fruit flavor!
You will need:
2 Unsweetened Black Tea Keurig Kcups (I chose a Brew Over Ice but, any black tea Kcups will work fine)
1 1/2 C blackberries
1/4 C sugar
4 sprigs fresh mint
- Start by chopping 2 sprigs of mint into fine pieces.
- Combine the blackberries, sugar and chopped mint into a large bowl and squish (technical, huh?) with a potato masher.
- Brew both Unsweetened Black Tea Kcups on the lowest water setting of your Keurig brewer.
- Pour the hot tea over the blackberry, sugar, mint combination. Let sit on counter for one hour.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer into a pitcher.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of mint to garnish.
Makes 2 servings.
If you are feeling a little wild add 1 shot of bourbon to make this a perfect summer cocktail!