Happy Christmas Eve! I am looking forward to a lazy day with friends and family enjoying good food and of course we will be indulging in a delicious homemade Keurig Kcup specialty coffee drink! We have candy canes to use and peppermint is the flavor of the season, homemade Keurig Kcup Peppermint Mocha here we come!
You will need:
- 1 Keurig Kcup milk hot cocoa
- 2 T peppermint syrup or peppermint baking chips (I recommend the baking chips)
- 1 dark roast extra bold Keurig Kcup
- cool whip
- 1 peppermint candy cane
- Start by brewing both the dark roast Keurig Kcup and the hot cocoa Kcup on the lowest water setting of your brewer directly into a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add the peppermint baking chips or syrup and stir gently until it reaches your desired temperature (do not boil).
- Place the peppermint candy cane in a bag and smash into small pieces.
- Pour into your favorite Christmas mug, top with the whipped cream and sprinkle on the candy cane pieces.
You can modify this recipe by leaving out the coffee for so that the kids can join in on the fun! This has become a great tradition in our home to enjoy while watching old holiday movies. A tradition that I highly recommend!