Cozy evenings by the fire are the new repertoire for a few months in chilly Ohio. We are making peace with the approaching frigid season by indulging in Netflix marathons while sipping creative treats that satisfy our sweet tooths and warm us from the inside out. My favorite concoction so far, hands down, is Mexican Hot Cocoa made with Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa. This isn't your mama's hot cocoa recipe...unexpected spices collide with rich chocolate and vanilla leaving your taste buds dancing with joy.
The best news is, you can make this little beauty in about three minutes using your Keurig brewer!
- 1 Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Keurig Kcup
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 1 pinch of chili or cayenne powder
- marshmallows or whipped cream for optional toppings
- Start by brewing your Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Kcup on the highest water setting of your Keurig brewer. I have found that the Cafe Escapes do well with a higher amount of water. If you are using a Keurig 2.0 don't forget to select the "hot cocoa/other" option.
- Add the vanilla and spices.
- Stir and top with marshmallows or whipped cream if you desire.
- Cuddle up by the fire, turn on your favorite show, sip and enjoy!
Mexican Hot Cocoa is so simple to make with the help of your Keurig but, the results are out of this world. This hot cocoa K-cup variation is simply bursting with flavor! Nothing has ever tickled my tastebuds quite like this little number. It is sure to make a reappearance in my mug very soon...possibly right now ; )
You may also like: