I recently enjoyed a spring break vacation to the beach, a cold and rainy spring break vacation but, none the less we were at the beach with family- that is all that matters! Vacation of course comes with indulgences and one of my favorites when visiting the south is a John Daly cocktail. There are several variations of this refreshing little treat. I prefer a simple combination of lemonade and iced tea with a dash of vodka. Sometimes I like to doctor it up a bit with the addition of a fruit flavor such as raspberry.
When I returned home and took inventory of my k-cup collection, I saw two glorious flavors- Snapple Raspberry tea and Lemonade...immediately the light bulb went on. I can combine the two and have a quick and easy Raspberry John Daly using my Keurig brewer!
Let's get to the recipe...
You will need:
2-4 shots of vodka
2 lemon wedges (optional)
- Begin by filling a large plastic measuring cup with ice. I use a measuring cup because it is easy to pour from but any sort of plastic cup will work as well.
- Brew your Snapple raspberry tea directly over the ice using the lowest water setting of your Keurig brewer.
- Pour the now brewed tea and ice into a large martini shaker or pitcher.
- Refill the measuring cup with ice.
- Brew your lemonade K-cup directly over the ice, again using the lowest water setting of your Keurig.
- Add the now brewed lemonade to the martini shaker or pitcher that contains the raspberry tea.
- Add 2-4 shots of vodka.
- Shake or stir.
- Adorn 2 glasses with the lemon wedges and fill to the rim with your Raspberry John Daly concoction.
Feel free to leave out the vodka for a delicious raspberry lemonade iced tea!