Although spring has certainly sprung in the north east, we are still experiencing cooler than normal evenings. I have been doing my best to make peace with mother nature by enjoying a piping hot treat under a blanket on the back porch. Not exactly what I envision for late May but, pretty darn enjoyable none the less.
I have grown a little tired of plain tea but, did not want to turn to coffee as I was quite certain I would be up half the night if I consumed a decent amount of caffeine this late in the evening. Soooo, to the K-Cup® pod stash I went. Two flavors practically jumped in my hand and screamed combine us- Chai Latte and Apple Cider. Apple Cider is caffeine free and Chai Latte contains a very minimal amount so I thought, what the heck, I will give it a whirl!
- Start by brewing your Chai Latte K-cup® pod on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® brewer into a very large mug.
- Next, brew your Apple Cider K-cup® pod again on the lowest water setting directly into the mug containing the Chai Latte.
- Stir to combine well.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Head to the porch with a warm blanket and a good book, sip and relax!
The strong cinnamon, clove flavors of the Chai tea combine perfectly with Apple Cider creating an amazing flavor sensation. If you are already an apple cider fan, this is a great way to add a bit of sophistication and take the taste up a notch or two...or three!
You may also like:
- 8 Ways to Use Apple Cider Keurig Pods
- Easy Caramel Apple Latte Recipe
- 8 Hot Cocoa Recipes Made With a Keurig Brewer
Photo credit for featured image: Ⓒ azurita - adobe.stock.com