Cold hot cocoa? No that it is not a double entendre, the hot cocoa is actually cold in this recipe! It may seem odd but give it a chance, and I promise you will not regret it. I guess it is a milkshake as the name implies; yet, the ingredients are different than a typical shake. Rich hot cocoa combines with real ice cream and cookie crumbles to create a whole new experience. Not to mention, great new use for your hot cocoa K-Cup® pods!
- 1 hot cocoa K-Cup® pod
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of crushed chocolate cookies
- whipped cream (optional but, YOLO)
- Prepare the hot cocoa using the 8 ounce (or the lowest) water setting. Be sure to shake the capsule first for optimal results.
- Chill the hot cocoa in the fridge for several hours.
- Once the hot cocoa is cool, add all of the ingredients to a blender (except for the whipped cream of course).
- Blend until well combined and a smooth consistency appears.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream.
You can also try using strawberry, mint, or peanut butter ice cream instead of vanilla! The Cookies n' Cream Hot Cocoa milkshake makes a great summertime treat, and kids will go crazy for it! Best of all, it is so simple to make and will save you money on top of it. Some might say that is the icing on the cake; I prefer the cream on the milkshake...a hot cocoa K-Cup® milkshake that is!
You may also like: