I admit it...I have never been a huge fan of hot Apple Cider K-cup® pods. They are just not my favorite (give it to me cold and that is a whole different story). Because of this, I was a bit reluctant when the idea of a Caramel Apple Latte popped in my head. Brain, I said...you don't even like apple cider what makes you think you will enjoy this combination?
But, this morning the leaves are just starting to turn a terra cotta hue, there was mist on the lake and the air was crisp. So, to the coffee machine I went to give this cockamamy idea to combine Cafe Caramel and Apple Cider K-cup® pods a try.
Holy, mother of delicious...caramel apple latte is AMAZING!!! And don't even get me started on the smell, this little baby should be jarred and turned into a candle. And, it is so easy to make.
How to Make Caramel Apple Latte With a Keurig® Brewer
- 1 Cafe Caramel K-cup® pod
- 1 Apple Cider K-cup® pod
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce (preferably homemade, recipe to follow)
- First, brew the Cafe Caramel on the 6 or 8 ounce water setting into a very large mug. Don't forget to push the hot cocoa/ other button if you are using a Keurig 2.0.
- Next, brew the Apple Cider on the 6 or 8 ounce water setting directly into the same mug, again using the hot cocoa/ other button with 2.0 (classic Keurig® brewer users do not have to worry about this).
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
To make homemade caramel sauce you will need:
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 C brown sugar
- dash of salt
- dash of vanilla
- 1 Tbsp of corn syrup (I only use this because I like it really thick, the recipe will work just fine without it)
Combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for another 10 minutes then you are ready to serve.
Head to a cozy spot with a warm blanket. Sip your Caramel Apple Latte and enjoy all of the wonderful tastes of fall!
You may also like:
- Pumpkin Spice Mocha using K-cup® coffee pods and a Keurig® brewer!
- Take your Chai up a notch with this Apple Cider Chai recipe!
- Brown Sugar Caramel Latte recipe!