I have noticed that my favorite Keurig® K-Cup® coffee recipes have a common denominator- ice cream. Every one of my go to choices for decadent coffee treats contains blissful ice cream. Frappuccinos are basically milk shakes and Affogato is vanilla ice cream with a blanket of dark espresso. It is no wonder the definition of Eiskafffe reached out and grabbed me. Eiskaffe is a German term that means coffee with ice cream.
After perusing many recipes, I came up with my version with a caramel twist because coffee tastes amazing with caramel, duh. Also, Starbucks Caramel K-Cup® coffee pods recently made their way to our inventory, and I am dying to try them.
To make Caramel Eiskaffe using your Keurig® brewer you will need a few simple ingredients:
- 1 Starbucks Caramel K-Cup® coffee pod
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- espresso powder or finely ground coffee
- 1 pizzelle wedge
- Start by brewing your Starbucks Caramel K-Cup® coffee pod on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® brewer.
- Next, let the brewed coffee chill in the fridge or freezer until it is at least room temperature if not cold.
- Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a large cup or mug.
- Pour the chilled coffee over the ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle the espresso powder or finely ground coffee on top. (I would highly recommend not skipping this step).
- Add the pizzelle wedge.
- Grab a spoon and a straw to enjoy your tasty, homemade Eiskaffe!
Hindsight has handed me the realization that I should have used salty caramel ice cream but, I wonder if that would be too much. The vanilla ice cream adds a creaminess to the delicious Starbucks coffee, and the caramel sets all of the combined flavors on fire. Better yet, the pizzelle wedge becomes drenched with the caramel coffee offering a fitting piece de la resistance.
You may also like:
- 11 Easy Iced Coffee Cocktails
- Coffee or Dessert? You Decide.
- 10 Copycat Starbucks Recipes Made With a Keurig® Brewer