Snickerdoodle cookies are perhaps among the most iconic (at least in my world) but, often treated as an underdog. With such a simple and delicate balance of cinnamon and vanilla, we forget that it packs such a powerful flavor punch. The secret is these two flavors are complimentary, each enhancing the subtle nuances of the other. In fact cinnamon and vanilla are among my very favorite flavor combinations, add in a pinch of coffee and I am in heaven!
Enter...the Snickerdoodle Latte.
Snickerdoodle Latte is just a little concoction that came to me as I perused my K-Cup® pod inventory and saw two loners sitting next to each other- Cafe Vanilla and Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon. They practically screamed combine us! That I did and the result was nothing short of magical!
To make a Snickerdoodle Latte using your Keurig brewer, you will need:
- 1 Cafe Escapes Cafe Vanilla pod
- 1 Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon pod
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- Start by brewing your Cafe Vanilla on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® brewer into a very large mug.
- Next, brew your Cinnabon coffee pod on the lowest water setting of your Keurig® coffee machine directly into the same mug.
- Meanwhile, prepare your whipped cream if you are making it from scratch by combining the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Top the Cinnabon/ Cafe Vanilla combination with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a generous portion of cinnamon.
The best part about this Snickerdoodle Latte (and all of our homemade coffee recipes) is that calorie content. The only items contributing calories are the Cafe Vanilla which has about 70 and the whipped cream which has very little since it is half air! The vanilla extract is insignificant and the Cinnabon has none. You can enjoy this delicious little number for nearly 100 calories. You would not even come close to that with any sort of flavored latte form a specialty coffee shop!
Snickerdoodle Latte...good for the waistline, easy on the pocketbook and makes your tastebuds tingle!
You may also like: