I would like to personally thank the person who decided to combine three unassuming ingredients: chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers to create perhaps our countries most iconic dessert- s'mores. But, s'mores inventor, I am sorry, I have you beat. Say hello to my Toasted S'mores Mocha, made with a Keurig® brewer.
The late fall season brings us two limited edition coffee flavors from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, one of which is Toasted Marshmallow Mocha. Alone, this coffee is fantastic. Toasted Marshmallow Mocha is a medium roast flavored coffee that manages to blend it's flavor notes seamlessly. However, Toasted Marshmallow is merely a black coffee, perfect for a morning cup not the dessert like decadence you would imagine by its name.
Don't worry my friends, taking it to the next level is super easy. By combining this baby with a velvety Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa K-Cup® pod, you will have an entirely new and tantalizing coffee (dessert) experience! The two K-Cup® pods marry their flavors leaving you with one silky, fresh s'more in a mug. Of course, I could not stop there, doctoring it up with a few toppings creates an indulgent treat exploding with sweet, creamy flavors.
S'mores Mocha Recipe
- 1 Toasted Marshmallow K-Cup® pod
- 1 Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate K-Cup® pod
- mini marshmallows
- dark chocolate shavings
- graham crackers
- Start by brewing the Toasted Marshmallow Mocha K-Cup® pod into a large mug using either the 6 or 8 ounce setting of your Keurig® brewer.
- Next, brew the Cafe Escapes® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa pod directly into the same mug using the 6 or 8-ounce setting.
- Top with a handful of marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate shavings and graham cracker crumbs.
You now have a camp worthy Toasted S'mores Mocha; no fire required! I would highly recommend going very heavy on the toppings as I did, let the marshmallows melt a bit, and then "test" a spoonful (purely for quality assurance purposes of course)!
You may also like: