Looking for a fun Halloween craft project to do with your kids? Well, look no further, you have come to the right spot! Not only is this DIY Halloween decoration fun and easy for kids of all ages, but it is a great way to up-cycle your used K-Cup® pods! These Frankenstein heads come together super quick with just a few easy materials.
You will need:
- Used pods, emptied, washed and dried.
- green acrylic paint
- black acrylic paint
- black pipe cleaners
- googly eyes
- small scissors
- small craft paint brush and sponge brush
2. Use the sponge brush to paint each capsule green. I found that the best strokes to evenly coat them were up and down. Allow them to air dry for several hours.
3. Give each K-Cup® pod two eyes. My googly eyes had sticky backs so I was able to stick them right onto the pod.
4. Use the small pair of scissors to make a hole in the side of Frankenstein's head for the bolts to go through.
5. Cut the black pipe cleaner into about 1" sections and fold in half. Push it about 1/2 way through the hole to give him bolts.
6. Use a small paint brush and black acrylic paint to color the top of the K-Cup® pod, making Frankenstein's hair. Use the small brush to give him a few wispy hairs in front and a mouth.
7. Repeat to make as many Frankensteins as you want!
These adorable little guys would make a perfect class Halloween party project or just a simple way to spend time with your children on a cozy fall day!
You may also like: