Summer is finally here and that means only one thing in my world...iced coffee! I love, love, love iced coffee. There is nothing more refreshing and satisfying on a hot afternoon. On a daily basis I prefer a plain ol', nothing extra kind of cup using my Keurig brewer. But, when a special occasion or weekend rolls around, watch out because my iced coffee concoctions are no where near plain.
This particular creation is based loosely on Mcdonald's caramel iced mocha. I say loosely because, quite frankly I would not want to be lowered to those standards...this is a jillion times better (and with far less calories)!
Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you...my easy iced caramel mocha recipe, using a Keurig brewer.
You will need:
- Start by lining the edges of a large plastic cup (I highly recommend the Tervis brand, they are a great size and keep drinks cold for hours on end) with caramel sauce. Do this by holding the cup slightly horizontal and spin while drizzling the caramel onto the inside rim. Once you turn the cup to a vertical position the caramel will coat the sides beautifully.
-Next, fill the cup to the top with ice.
- Then, brew your Lavazza Perfetto K-cup coffee on the absolute lowest water setting of your Keurig brewer, directly over the ice. I am so happy that my Keurig 2.0 now allows for a 4 ounce option. This gives a concentrated result that works really well in these types of recipes.
- Finally, fill the remainder of the cup with chocolate milk
- For the piece de resistance...top with whipped cream and drizzle with a little (or a lot) more caramel.
It may sound boastful, but I am certain you will agree...this is perhaps the best iced caramel mocha ever invented AND it is SO easy!! It doesn t get any better than that!
You may also enjoy:
- How to make all natural peach lemonade using your Keurig brewer.
- Keurig coffee tasting a little weak? Click here to learn how to make K-cup coffee taste stronger.
- Click here to learn how to make a Twinkie frappuccino.