Well, we are setting weather records in the north east. It couldn't possibly be for the warmest November in history, no we had to go for the coldest...isn't that just peachy? That is okay, there is no group more equipped to handle these frigid temperatures, we know what to do- fleece and flannel are our best friends, wool socks are in all of our dressers, we love our parkas and boots but, most of all...we drink lots of hot cocoa! Can you blame us, it warms from the inside out and tastes amazing at the same time!
I for one, get a little tired of plain ol' hot cocoa day after day. For that reason I like to doctor it up, throwing in a little bit of this and dash of that. Sometimes it is an utter failure other times a masterpiece! My latest experiment is definitely the later, ladies and gentlemen I give you Pumpkin Pie Hot Cocoa made with a Keurig brewer...
You will need:
- 1 Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa K-cup
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cloves
- whipped cream (optional)
*An excellent alternative to this is to combine a hot cocoa K-Cup® pod and a Pumpkin Spice K-Cup® pod! Simply brew them both on the lowest water setting of your coffee maker into a very large mug. Top with whipped cream and reflect on the pure genius of this idea!
- Start by adding the maple syrup and spices to a very large mug (I am a fan of this style) so we are on the same page, my version of a pinch is about 1/8 of a teaspoon but, you are free to add more or less to suit your taste.
- Brew your hot cocoa directly into the same mug over the maple syrup and spices using the highest water setting of your brewer.
- Top with whipped cream.
Head to you favorite warm spot sip and enjoy!
Mark my words, you will think you are somehow magically drinking a slice of pumpkin pie (wrapped in chocolate of course)! I love this version of hot cocoa because it is slightly spicy and definitely sweet with out being overpowering. In addition chocolate is an excellent compliment to cinnamon and other spice flavors- each enhancing the taste of the other.
- Easy pumpkin spice mocha recipe.
- Learn how to make a pumpkin spice latte martini from heaven!
- Skip the lines, save a buck, make pumpkin spice latte with your Keurig!