Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner? What's next, snowmen? Probably, and before we know it! For now, let's just enjoy this kid-friendly Thanksgiving craft that not only leaves us with an adorable little decoration but, provides a great way to upcycle Kcup coffee pods.
- brown acrylic paint OR brown spray paint (either works fine)
- red acrylic paint (turkey waddle)
- orange acrylic paint (turkey nose)
- googly eyes (sticky-back is what I used but you could also use a glue stick to glue them on)
- feathers (found in the craft section at major craft stores)
- glue stick
- sponge brush
- small paintbrush
Before you start, empty your spent K-cups by pulling out the filter and washing them. Then allow them to dry.
#3. Use the smaller paintbrush to give each turkey a nose using the orange acrylic paint and let dry.
#4. Finally, use the smaller paintbrush again to give each turkey a waddle on the side of its nose using the red paint.
There you have it, a quick and easy Thanksgiving project that the kids will love. This makes a great class project (just paint the brown base layer ahead of time)!
You may also like: