Whoever the genius is that decided to mix the two most refreshing drinks on the planet - beer and lemonade - I would like to thank you! Beer cocktails are right up my alley- crisp, clean and relatively low in alcohol content. But, I only need one, I have no need to keep a fridge full of them. When the desire strikes I have to drive to the store, bring them home, chill them and then finally I get to enjoy one. Do I really need to go to all that hassle? Recently it dawned on me...I can make these myself with my Keurig brewer!
Here is how to make a quick and easy Summer Shandy using your Keurig K-cup brewer...
You will need:
1 beer of your choice
1 cup of ice
- Start by adding one cup of ice to a martini shaker.
- Brew your Lemonade K-cup directly into a martini shaker using the lowest water setting of you Keurig. Caution- only do this if your martini shaker is stainless steel (I have this one) or plastic, do not brew directly into anything glass.
- Shake the lemonade to encourage chilling.
- Next, pour even amounts of your beer into two cocktail glasses.
- Finally, add even amounts of the now chilled lemonade to each of the cocktail glasses.
Garnish with a lemon and share with a friend!
P.S. If you like this recipe be sure to check out our Sweet Lemonade Cocktail!