Starbucks iced coffee is an addiction for many (yours truly included). Somehow they seem to make it better each year. One of the best improvements has been the addition of vanilla sweet cream. But, maintaining this vice can be hard on the wallet and the waistline.
What if we told you that you can make it at home instead, using your Keurig® brewer?
In this article, we will show you how to do just that. It is surprisingly easy and requires only a few simple ingredients. The best part is, you will save money and calories too!
How to make Starbucks Iced Coffee with Vanilla Sweet Cream
- 1T heavy whipping cream (39 calories)
- ½ T sugar (24 calories)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (3 calories)
- 1T whole milk (6 calories)
- 1 Starbucks K-cup® pod (dark roast is best)
*Tip: For a healthier vanilla sweet cream replace the sugar with stevia or maple syrup!
- Add the vanilla sweet cream creamer to a large plastic cup. These Starbucks reusable cold cups work great (grande size).
- Brew your favorite dark roast Starbucks pod on the 6-ounce water setting of your Keurig® brewer into the same cup.
- Stir gently.
- Fill the cup with ice.
- Shake gently.
*Note: Our preference is dark roast coffee for this recipe, but if you love Starbucks blonde roast, by all means, use it!
We are obsessed with this recipe because it does taste just like the Starbucks version. There is just enough sweet flavor to make it feel like a treat. The heavy whipping cream adds a silky layer, and the tiny touch of vanilla accents the Starbucks coffee that we have come to know and love!
How many calories are in Sweet Cream Iced Coffee from Starbucks
A grande size purchased at Starbucks contains about 110 calories. Our version (same size) only has about 72 calories. Plus, if you use stevia instead of sugar, you will reduce it to a mere 48 calories!
Vanilla Sweet Cream Iced Coffee Price
A grande size will run you $3.95 at Starbucks. Our copycat recipe comes in under $1.00. That doesn’t even count not driving there. And don’t get me started on the time it saves!
We hope you enjoy this recipe, we certainly are : )
You may also like:
- Almond Milk Honey Flat White [Made With a Keurig® Brewer]
- How to Make Latte and Cappuccino with a Keurig® K-Cafe®
- Cookies n' Cream Milkshake [Made With K-Cup® Hot Cocoa!]