I used my "go to" muffin recipe for these tasty little treats. This is a great base for almost any muffin variation but, I particularly love it with jam. Muffins with coffee? No brainer, always a perfect combo! In addition to pairing incredibly well with coffee and tea, Raspberry Jam Muffins are easy to make, taste amazing and the best part is...this entire recipe cost under $2.00 to make! Each muffin costs about .20 plus somewhere around .55 for a K-cup coffee = way cheaper than a stop at your local coffee shop! As a matter of fact if use this recipe and brew yourself fresh K-cup coffee at home vs. buying at Starbucks just once a week according to my estimates you will save $237. in one year!
Without further ado I give you, Homemade Raspberry Jam Muffins...
You will need:
2 C flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 C sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 C milk
1 stick (8 T) of melted butter
1 t vanilla extract
seedless raspberry jam
*makes 12 muffins
- Start by heating the oven to 400 degrease and greasing a muffin pan.
- Stir all of the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir the melted butter into the egg, milk and vanilla combination.
- Now stir the wet ingredients into the dry until incorporated (there should still be lumps).
- Fill the muffin tins 1/3 of the way, add a generous teaspoon of seedless raspberry jam, top with batter.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm
I like to add a drizzle of royal icing to my muffins, just for a little extra sweetness. To do this simply combine 4 T powdered sugar with a dash of milk, a dash of vanilla extract and stir. Drizzle your desired amount on to the tops of the muffins.
Now, the big question...which Keurig K-cup to enjoy with your freshly baked Raspberry Jam Muffin. Raspberry pairs incredibly well with two things- vanilla and lemon. If you are team vanilla I would recommend sipping a gourmet cup of Folgers Vanilla Biscotti K-cup coffee to make this indulgence complete. For the lemon lovers try a nice hot cup of Lemon Zinger Herbal K-cup tea by Celestial Seasonings.
Which would you choose to pair with this muffin? Team vanilla or team lemon?