I am kicking myself for not making chocolate pancakes sooner, they would have been a perfect Valentines Day breakfast! I guess that will have to wait until next year for now, we will simply enjoy them as a weekend indulgence.
You will need:
- 3 C of Bisquick Mix
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder (try Dark Chocolate to make them really chocolatey!)
- 1 C milk
- 2 t of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Confectioners sugar and fruit for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: Bisquick, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add milk, vanilla, and the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir together until just mixed. Don't over mix.
- Preheat a griddle pan or frying pan on the stove over medium heat. When hot, pour a small amount of pancake mix onto the griddle. You can make whatever size you'd like!
- When the tops of the pancakes start to bubble a bit, use a spatula to flip them. Cook for another 30-60 seconds on the other side until cooked through.
- Serve covered with sifted confectioners sugar and fruit. I like strawberries and raspberries with these!
I love this recipe because it is soooo simple and delicious but, they also freeze well. Anytime that I make pancakes, I whip up a double batch (my mother always says, cook once eat twice!). I freeze half to use on busy school mornings. Just pop them in the microwave for one minute and you have tasty, frugal breakfast for the entire family!
I am a huge fan of the taste of dark roast coffees with chocolate. It is simply a match made in heaven. For that reason I would recommend pairing chocolate pancakes with Folgers Black Silk Keurig K-cup coffee. The smooth, rich flavors of Black Silk will compliment and amplify the delicious chocolate taste of these homemade pancakes!