My fellow Clevelanders and I are beyond ready for a little sun, it has been one heck of a tough winter. I have decided, I can no longer wait, summer starts now even if only in my head. Summer weekends in my world entail lazy days on the lake and an occasional evening mixed drink. This weekend I decided to sit in a comfy chair with a Sweet Lemonade Keurig K-cup cocktail and dream of warm breezes, sun burn and the wonderful tastes and smells of summer!
I like fun yet simple drinks, always out of a fancy glass of course! This is one of my favorites and it only requires three ingredients but when combined, they pack a powerful flavor punch.
Let's get to the recipe...
You will need:
2 shots of vodka
3T sugar (preferably a course variety such as Sugar in the Raw)
- Start by filling a cocktail shaker with ice. I recommend the steel type such this one. They stay cleaner, the lids come off easily and it chills liquids beautifully.
- Next brew your Lemonade K-cup on the lowest water setting of your Keurig brewer directly into the cocktail shaker, over the ice.
- Add the vodka.
- Shake, shake, shake!
- Moisten a martini glass by dipping the rim into a bowl of water.
- Pour the sugar onto a saucer and spread out wider than the diameter of your glass.
- Dip the rim of your glass in the sugar and twist.
- Pour the now chilled lemonade/ vodka combination into your martini glass.
Sip and enjoy!
I was only able to make one cocktail with this recipe but, my glasses are very large. Using a slightly more modest size serving will leave you with two delicious adult beverages to share with a friend!
You may also like:
- Click here to learn how to make a summer shandy using a Keurig brewer.
- Did you know that you can make martinis using your Keurig? Click here to learn how to make a hot apple martinin using Keurig Kcup pods.
- Chocolate martini? Yes please. Click here to learn how to make a quick and easy Keurig K cup Chocolate Hazelnut martini.