I am on a kick...again. The good news is, I have taken a temporary hiatus from the Keurig K-cup popsicles but, now I am obsessed with frappuccinos. I have made a few before but, with my daughter latest discovery of the Starbuck "secret frappuccino menu" I have taken it to a whole new level. I have no desire to drive there and pay $5.00 for something I can make at home quite easily with my Keurig brewer.
My first real success was a peanut butter cup frappuccino, this is a tasty treat that not only satisfies the sweet tooth but, it is actually quite filling.
Let's get to the recipe...
You will need:
- 1 Cafe Mocha Keurig K-cup
- 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 cup of ice
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Start by brewing your Cafe Mocha K-cup on the lowest water setting of your Keurig.
- Place the brewed mocha in the freezer for at least one hour but, do not allow it to freeze solid.
- Pour the now chilled Cafe Mocha K-cup in a blender along with the peanut butter and ice.
- Blend until the ice reaches your desired consistency.
- Line a glass with chocolate syrup (use as much or as little as you would like).
- Pour the mocha/ peanut butter mixture into the glass and top with whipped cream.
- Sip and enjoy!
The possibilities are endless with frappuccinos...I have several more up my sleeve and of course I will be sharing with my favorite coffee community!