There are certain flavors that when combined taste simply heavenly. I can think of no better example of this phenomenon than the famous pairing of salt and caramel. Either one alone is pleasing to the palate, put them together and the result is divine. My love of pretty much anything salted caramel is what led me to my latest discovery...salted caramel hot cocoa.
Let's get to the recipe...
- 1 Cafe Escapes Dark Chocolate hot cocoa K-cup
- 2 Tbsp. caramel sauce
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream
- Start by adding 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce to a large mug.
- Next brew your Cafe Escapes Dark Chocolate hot cocoa K-cup on the highest water setting of your Keurig directly into the same mug.
- Stir until the caramel sauce is dissolved.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the whipped cream and caramel sauce. Don't use too much, you can always add more later if you so desire.
Be prepared, when you sip this concoction fireworks are guaranteed to go off! The classic combination of salty and sweet is taken up a notch with the addition of a tiny bit of bitterness from the dark chocolate - a whole new indulgent flavor sensation!
- Click here to learn how to make Pumpkin Pie Hot Cocoa using your Keurig brewer!
- Curious about Bulletproof coffee? Click here for a quick and easy Bulletproof coffee recipe!