The leaves are gradually changing colors, the mornings are crisp and the days are getting shorter. You may think this means fall is here and yes you are right but, to me it means one and only one thing - Pumpkin Spice Keurig® K-Cup® coffee pods! Pumpkin Spice makes it's glorious appearance for only a few fleeting months each autumn. We waited all year for them and they are finally here!
I have been enjoying a delicious cup of Pumpkin Spice K-Cup® coffee every morning but, that is not enough pumpkin goodness for me (is there ever enough?)! I love, love, love using this K-Cup® pod to make coffee house style treats for an afternoon indulgence. My very favorite concoctions are uber simple and involve creative combinations of two K-Cup® pods. This is a fun way to come up with new unexpected coffee drinks. I have tried quite a few but, when I decided to combine Pumpkin Spice and Cafe Mocha, something magical happened.
The chocolate flavors collided with the pumpkin creating a truly amazing, creamy Pumpkin Spice Mocha!
The best part is, it could not possibly be any easy to make. You will have a barista quality pumpkin flavored mocha hot and fresh in your mug in under a minute and guess what? It only costs about a dollar! Ready to make yours? Here is how...
You will need:
- 1 Pumpkin Spice Keurig® K-Cup® coffee pod
- 1 Cafe Mocha Keurig® K-Cup® pod
- whipped cream (optional but, highly recommended!)
- cinnamon and cloves to garnish
- Start by brewing your Pumpkin Spice K-Cup® pod into a very large mug, I would recommend using the 6 or 8 ounce water setting of your Keurig for maximum flavor potential.
- Next brew your Cafe Mocha K-cup® pod into the same mug again using one of the lower water settings of your coffee maker.
- Top with gobs and gobs of whipped cream : )
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and cloves.
Head to a cozy spot, wrap up in your favorite blanket and settle in for a relaxing transition to winter. Pumpkin Spice is as much a part of fall as leaf piles and apple cider, now you have a new and might I say stunning way to enjoy the best flavor of the the season!
If you liked this recipe, you are gonna love these even more:
- Pumpkin isn't just for coffee any more, try a delicious Pumpkin Latte Martini made with your Keurig® brewer and this recipe!
- There is life outside of Starbucks, skip the lines and save some dough...make a Pumpkin Spice Latte at home with your Keurig® brewer and this easy recipe!
- Love pumpkin butter? Check out this super easy recipe to make pumpkin butter using apple cider K-Cup® pods!