On any given day you will pretty much always find a jar or two of Nutella in our cupboard. Chocolate and hazelnuts all mushed together? It is heavenly people. One of our favorite ways to use this sent from the gods deliciousness in a jar, is in crepes. Smother a homemade crepe with a little (or a lot) of Nutella, add some strawberries and you have one amazing breakfast! Nutella, peanut butter and honey sandwiches are a staple in our home as well. But, lately we have been pondering ways to expand our Nutella horizons. With the cold snap we are facing in the north east, Nutella hot cocoa came to mind right away!
Let's get to the recipe...
- 1 Cafe Escapes Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa K-Cup® pod
- 2 Tbsp of Nutella (watching your calories or sugar intake? Try this lightened version.)
- 1 tsp shaved chocolate
- 1 tsp shaved hazelnut
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- whipped cream
- Start by adding the Nutella to a large mug.
- Next, brew your hot cocoa K-Cup® pod directly into the mug, over the Nutella using the highest water setting of your Keurig® brewer.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Combine the cinnamon, shaved chocolate and shaved hazelnut in a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle the chocolate and spice combination on top of the whipped cream.
The shaved chocolate and hazelnut are of course optional. I do realize that hazelnut is not a common household item. Just a simple dash of cinnamon will do the trick as well. You just want to get that extra flavor sensation that plays off of the chocolate giving your hot cocoa and added kick!
- Learn how to make an easy dark chocolate salted caramel hot cocoa using your Keurig® brewer.
- Use your Keurig® brewer to make a cinnamon orange hot cocoa with this easy to follow recipe.