Bulletproof coffee seems to be all the rage lately, filing Pinterest boards of the health conscience. You may have scrolled past as I have up until now, not knowing what it is and assuming it is just another fad. After reading several articles this is what I have learned:
Bulletproof coffee is a unique combination of healthy fats with a high quality caffeine source. The creator claims that drinking this concoction will not only leave you feeling satiated but will ramp up your metabolism as well. There have even been reports of mental clarity and an intense ability to focus. This was all inspired by a Tibetan tradition of drinking ghee or other superior fat sources. But, for us it does not need to be that complicated, we can certainly enjoy the same benefits with a simpler rendition of Bulletproof coffee.
Let's get to the recipe...
- 1 organic Keurig K-cup coffee
- 2 T grass fed unsalted butter
- 2 T organic coconut oil or ghee
- 1 T whole grass fed milk
- 1 t vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- Start by brewing your organic K-cup coffee on the highest water setting of your Keurig. Most of the organic K-cups are either bold or dark roast so they can easily stand up to the extra amount of water without tasting thin.
- Add the now brewed coffee and all other ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on a high setting.
- Pour into a large mug or glass.
- Sip and enjoy!
I found the coffee to be a bit too cold after adding the milk and butter, I heated mine after the blending process to create a nice hot cup. The taste was honestly delicious and the texture is amazing. There is a pleasant creaminess and a lovely frothy top layer.
I do have to say this coffee did leave me feeling as satisfied as if I had eaten breakfast. Apparently others have stated that they were full the entire day until dinner, I can not say the same, I think that is a bit extreme and perhaps unhealthy. As far as clarity and mental focus, the jury is still out. It is recommended that you drink Bulletproof coffee everyday for at least a week to feel its full affects.
You may also like:
- If you enjoy easy coffee recipes you definitely will want to check out our HUGE collection here.
- Have question about the care and maintenance of your Keurig brewer? Click here to view our informative FAQ section that includes answers to all of your Keurig questions.
- How many calories are in a Keurig K-cup? Click here to find out.